Life is settling down, more on that later in flypaper thoughts; right now I have groceries on the counter waiting to be put away. It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend.
So of course I am blogging about patterns.
Two bits of news.
Brenson patterns has an interesting concept called Shirt Club patterns. Basically it means all components in this line are interchangeable whenever possible. I have been meaning to investigate these patterns for a while now because that seems like a cool idea.
I will be starting soon. This month I won a pattern from Bren for leaving a comment on her blog. I am really looking forward to seeing how this pattern works and possibly exploring more. I will keep you posted.
Also on my radar is this new Jalie bra pattern.
I already make my own bras with Bra-Makers supply Classic Bra pattern and I won't be going back to store bought again. For the first time in my life I have the lift I need and am very comfortable.
However nearly every bra pattern out there has a seamed cup and there are just some garments, like knits, that won't work with.
So this makes the new Jalie pattern intriguing to me. However as a D cup I really wondered if it would give any kind of decent support. To give insight into this good old Jalie has provided some real women shots of ladies with different cup sizes on the site. You go look and decide for yourself.
I am definitely going to be running this bra pattern, and the Brenson shirt pattern, through the Babs Pattern Testing Laboratory in the very near future.
Jacket BTW is mostly done, just needs lining and buttonholes.
More on that later, the counter calls.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
It's been a busy last three days - here is what has happened in that time frame around here:
- Miss Scarlett has a new sister, Heidi, born this morning. Great delivery, perfect baby.
- I slept over to take care of Miss S. Went into her room this morning "Hi Babs, you are wearing jammies, cool."
- My middle son is now in NYC and loving it.
- 2.5 hour plane ride.
- My youngest son has had a job offer in Newfoundland.
- 1.5 hour plane ride.
- My sister was hospitalized with a serious heart issue - turned out not to be that, more tests.
- Tech person at school moved my online midterm out of my section by mistake. They then moved the final back in instead by mistake.
- 45 students wrote a test on material I haven't taught them.
- 45 students assuring me they studied for weeks and would have got 100% on the right test and would like me to take that into account.
- My kitchen cupboards are in and I have no idea how to use the storage space I have been waiting 20 years for.
- My mom fell out of bed and really hurt herself. Still cheerful as hell as per usual though.
- I made significant progress on my corduroy jacket - ran down to the sewing room when I could for stress relief.
- Made a substantial contribution to the financial stability of Fabricmart as I felt I needed further stress relief.
- Little Heidi is perfect. Just perfect.
Posted by Barbara at 7:55 PM